R. Stiles Renovation Committee
August 15 , 2009
Members Present: Debbie Jourdanais - Vice President; Chris Castrio - Secretary; Faith Bloomfield – Treasurer; Dan Komarony; Ed Ellithorpe; Peter Bailey
Minutes of 6-20-09: approved.
Faith Bloomfield reported a $3,273.85 balance.
Update on house:
- Mark Haley has finished securing front entry steps.
- Randy Cuthbert continues to work on upgrading electrical system.
- Application of Icynene Spray Foam Insulation to basement and first floor perimeter band will be installed 8-27-09. - Chris Castrio will make all preparations for the Spray Foam Insulation.
- Estimates are being reviewed for the installation of smoke detectors and security systems.
- John Herring Mechanical Services was contracted and has finished connecting the heating system. He is also putting together an estimate on installing the plumbing for two (2) bathrooms and one (1) kitchen. Also, he is putting together an estimate for a sprinkler system.
- Ed Ellithorpe will be contacting Mahoney Notify Company and Fire Control Systems Company and get back to Chris Castrio with details.
Events & Happenings:
- Ed Ellithorpe presented a picture of the dedication plaque made of stone to honor of Mr. Sheridan. The location will be next to the driveway on the house side about midway between the front and back of house facing at an angle to the sidewalk.
- Dan Komarony updated the committee on the Crusin' in Stiles Car Show final numbers and took suggestions for next year. Dan and Ed spoke to many of the participants and received positive feedback on the following: Time of the event was good. Poker Rally was fun. Car games were fun. DJ was good. For future Car Shows more pamphlets need to get out.
- Debbie Jourdanais suggested combining the Car Show with a Fall Fest. Committee will consider for next year.
- Debbie and Faith Bloomfield will get Thank You letters/cards sent to all of the companies contributing to the Car Show.
- Peter Bailey is looking into taking over the Café/Music Night at the school and using it for a R. Stiles Event. Details to follow.
- Chris Castrio explained the reasons behind the decision for not holding the Fly-in-Stile event. Basically, it comes down to new regulations from the FAA (Federal Aviation Agency) that would put a burden on our volunteer pilots. We are looking at next year and locating professional pilots that would donate their time. For more details please contact Chris Castrio at 638-8803.
- It has been decided that it will be at a member’s discretion to give another non-member adult/younger volunteers’ food and/or event activities at no cost while said volunteer is working at the event.
October 10-11, 2009 * RENTAL SPACE @ STILES HOUSE - Mark Haley (lead)
October 23-24, 2009 * HAUNTED HOUSE - Cathi Radner (lead)
Saturday - September 19, 2009 @ 10:00 am. at the Stiles House.
This meeting will be mostly dedicated to tightening up the floors and ceilings (so bring your tool belt) and planning the Haunted House Event.
ALL ARE WELCOME
Minutes submitted for your approval by: Christopher E. Castrio
SEE YOU SEPT. 19th