R. Stiles Renovation Committee
November 8, 2009
Members Present: Mak Haley – President; Debra Jourdanais – Vice President; Chris Castrio - Secretary; Faith Bloomfield –Treasurer; Cathi and Anthony Castrio
Minutes of September 19, 2009: approved.
Faith Bloomfield reported a $3,521.85 balance.
Update on house:
- Randy Cuthbert continues to work on upgrading electrical system.
- Chris Castrio began work on closing ceilings with rigid foam insulation. To be continued using a work day (see below).
– Mark Haley will look into obtaining foil wrap insulation and contractor spray foam from to be used at the December 6th work day (see below).
- Committee has approved hiring Charlie Hoffman - Architect on an hourly basis to help take project to the next level. Terms and conditions will be worked out with the help of Chris Castrio.
- John Herring Mechanical Services has finished heating system.
Events & Happenings:
- Thank you to everyone for a very successful Haunted House Fundraiser. Thoughts for next year included buying advertisement and the possibility of creating a house wide theme.
- Peter Bailey looking into taking over the Café/Music Night at the school and using it for a R. Stiles Event.
- The R. Stiles House will be on the annual Christmas open house tour. Thank you to Debbie Jourdanais for taking the lead on this community event.
- The Committee has approved the cutting and/or purchasing of holiday trees to be used and placed in and around the house. They will be decorated by the Argyle nursery school and the Girl Scouts.
- WORK DAY SUNDAY DECEMBER 6th. Chris Castrio will put the notice out to all committee members. We will be working from 10:00 am till 5:00 pm. Lunch will be provided thanks to Faye Bloomfield.
Debbie Jourdanais informed committee that the Office of Aging denied our application for bathroom fixtures.
Chris Castrio continues to work with NYSERDA to seek available energy/appliance grants. Our application number is NCP8622 and our contact person is Michelle Fiano (firstname.lastname@example.org) 518-862-1090 x. 3254 or Hillary Grimes-Casey HILARY.G.GRIMES-CASEY@saic.com 518-454-6400 x. 232
Café/Music night at ACS (Argyle Central School) – in progress (Peter Bailey)
Fly in Stile – in progress (Chris Castrio)
Work Day Sunday December 6th @ 10:00 am. at the Stiles House.
ALL ARE WELCOME
Minutes submitted for your approval by: Christopher E. Castrio